Applicants for the Degree Courses (Three Year General/Three Year Honours) must have passed (Class XII) ISC / CBSE / HS / NIOS or equivalent examination recognized by the University of North Bengal (NBU).
In order to ensure a hassle-free process of filling up the admission form, the candidates are advised to keep the scanned copy of the following documents ready before applying:
- Scanned Copy of Photograph/ digital Photograph (Color , 10kb to 20kb, 200 x 200 pixel)
- Scanned Copy of Class X & XII Admit Card
- Scanned Copy of Class X & XII Marksheet
- Scanned Copy of SC/ST/OBC Certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned Copy of Character Certificate (if applicable)
- File Size of Scanned Document should not be greater than 500 kb
- Suppression of any fact will lead to the cancellation of admission.
- Uploading of all documents are mandatory
- All admissions are provisional subject to the discretion of the college authority.
- All admission are provisional until the Registration of the applicant is confirmed from the North Bengal University.
- The candidates are advised to take a printout of their application form for record and reference purpose.
Course of Studies
1. The College offers two courses of studies:
A. Honours Program, and
B. General Program
2. The candidate is allowed to pursue any one of the Under-Graduate Degree Programs of the University (not more than one) in a particular Academic Session.
3. Under Choice-Based Credit System, a student will have to study Discipline Specific Core Courses, Foundation Courses, Generic Electives Courses, Discipline Specific Elective Courses, and Skill Enhancement Courses.
- Discipline specific Core Course (DSC) The course designed for papers under this category aim to cover the basics that a student is expected to imbibe in that particular discipline. A course, which should compulsorily be studied by a candidate as a core requirement is termed as a Core course.
- Elective Course: Generally a course which can be chosen from a pool of courses and which may be very specific or specialized or advanced or supportive to the discipline/ subject of study or which provides an extended scope or which enables an exposure to some other discipline/subject/domain or nurtures the candidate’s proficiency/skill is called an Elective Course. The Elective Course includes: Discipline Specific Elective (DSE) and Generic Elective (GE).
- Discipline Specific Elective (DSE) Course: An Elective course offered under the main discipline/subject of study is referred to as Discipline Specific Elective. Generic Elective (GE) Course: An Elective course chosen from an unrelated discipline/subject, with an intention to seek exposure beyond discipline/s of choice is called a Generic Elective. The purpose of this category of the courses is to offer the students the option to explore disciplines of interest beyond the choices they make in Core and Discipline Specific Elective courses.
- Ability Enhancement Courses (AEC): The Ability Enhancement (AE) Courses may be of two kinds: Ability Enhancement Compulsory Courses (AECC) and Skill Enhancement Courses (SEC).
- Ability Enhancement Compulsory Courses (AECC): These courses are based upon the content that leads knowledge enhancement, (1) Environmental Science and (2) English /MIL Communication.
- Skill Enhancement Courses (SEC): These courses may be chosen from a pool of courses designed to provide value-based and/or skill-based knowledge and should contain both theory and laboratory/hands on training/field work. The prime purpose of these courses is to provide students life-skills in hands-on mode so as to increase their employability.
4. Practical/Tutorials (One each with every discipline specific core and discipline/generic specific Elective course): Practical means Laboratory or field exercises in which the student has to do experiments or other practical work of two hour duration. Tutorial means special instructions based on the Lectures.